Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Windy City

Chicago is amazing! Jenny and I spent some time today, before our conference, exploring the Wicker Park area. We went to the Renegade Handmade shop and LOVED it. We probably spent over an hour 1/2 just browsing and swooning over all of the beautiful handmade goodies. We saw stuff from some of our favorite artists: Paper Sparrow, Foundling, Bird Mafia...If you love the Renegade craft fairs, you would love their sweet little shop! I could just gush over it all day! I took a couple photos of the shop:


See the photo above?? They had all of their old craft fair posters for sale and I was able to snag the very last 2004 Wicker Park Craft Fair poster! (Second row from the bottom, far right.) After spending half the day trying to make up our mind on what we wanted to leave with, we finally picked out some great goodies! -- If you ever get the chance to go to Chicago, you should definitely stop by! 

Here are a couple other photographs from the day:


Shops we LOVED:
Buffalo Exchange - Gently used clothing & accessories
Una Mae's - New & vintage clothing as well as some local handmades
Renegade Handmade - Handmade
Free People - Clothing shop
Store B - Vintage
US #1 - Vintage

We had our first session of the conference tonight and learned about "being in the moment," so that we can be at our best frame of mind for creativity and being present. Afterward, we spent a couple hours at the expo collecting paper samples and resources for design! -- I can't wait for a busy day of sessions tomorrow!

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Did you get the chance to swing by Eskell or Roslyn in Wicker Park/Bucktown? Two of my very favorite boutiques! Also, love eating at Handlebar when I'm out that way (we live in Lakeview.) Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni -- We DID go by Eskell! It was also amazing! -- We didn't get a chance to stop by Roslyn or Handlebar...BUT I'm seriously considering another wicker park trip before we leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That shop looks absolutely adorable! I've never spent that much time in Chicago, perhaps I should?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, lucky girl!!! Sounds like a wonderful day. :D I lived in Chicago (well, a suburb of Chicago) for 18 years and never explored due to really paranoid parents. Now I'm in Utah, pretty close to Salt Lake City, with a love-to-explore wife and I feel so, so blessed. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures...I have been thinking of you two today and your adventures in Chicago. I am there in spirit, and wish more than anything that I could be there in person. Have a ton of FUN! PS I like Buffalo Exchange too, they have 1 in Dallas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I love your photos so much! The architecture is fabulous! And the shop is super cute.

    nightofbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome shop! I love Buffalo Exchange too.

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like so much fun! I've been there before, but it was such a short trip i didn't get to see much. This definitely makes me want to go back. It sounds like you're having a blast!


    smileyius.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a dream! can't wait to go there one day! ps. didn't realize they had a renegade store?! that is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous25.6.11

    Aw what an awesome trip! That store looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog, and I'm so glad I did! I looooove Chicago. It's one of my favorite places in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I'm jealous! The Renegade shop looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sacramento needs a store like that, pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We went to Renegade when we visited Chicago!! So loved that city and can't wait to go back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That store looks so adorable! I would probably spend hours looking at everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great trip! Nice snag on that fair poster too!

    xoxo
    Janee

    ReplyDelete
  17. you take the most beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete