Wednesday, February 29, 2012

ADVENTURES IN THRIFT-TIQUING - PART 2

On Saturday, after Jenny and I finished working on gathering tax information for MaieDae, I called up my mom and asked her if she would like to meet and go shopping. :) Jon, Jon's dad, my dad, and my brother were all out together watching a movie, so my mom and I spent the afternoon alone and decided we'd rather get in some quality mother-daughter time instead. :)

Since I made it a goal to go antiquing once a month, my mom and I decided to meet at Ally's Attic in Lawrenceville, GA. Overall, I thought they had a good selection of vendors and antique goods in their shop and, out of the small handful of antique stores I've visited in Georgia, I thought their prices were really good! I was able to get all of the items below for $40.00...which isn't necessarily a good thrift store total...but for an antique store, I thought it was a great price!

I didn't go into Ally's Attic with the intention of purchasing only kitchenware items but, for some reason, those have become my most favorite things to antique! I'm planning to try and step outside the box in March and purchase something different. ;)

I loved these two little cappuccino mugs! They had three on display, but I only purchased the two, because I have this thing for even numbers when it comes to kitchen goodies. I loved their vibrant colors and sweet little half-heart handles. I probably need to purge some of my current mugs...I think these will make the perfect replacement.

These tupperware salt and pepper shakers took me a few looks before I gave in and carried them to the front. Being a designer, I was immediately drawn to the charm of the reflective gold "S" and "P"...perfect. :) Fun Facts: These hourglass salt and pepper shakers were made in the 1950's and my mom remembers using them as a little girl!

How cute is this pattern?! I love the colors and vibrant white of this casserole dish. Through some research, I found that they produced this pattern as mugs, bowls, and other types of casserole dishes. Oh, I'd love to find this pattern as a bowl! Fun Facts: This dish is a french casserole dish by Glasbake. It was made in the 1960's and has a beautiful blueberry pattern on both sides.

Loved this cute retro sugar and creamer set! They were in great condition and I'm dying over the adorable font. Fun Facts: This sugar and creamer set was made by Gemco for Corning Glass: the same company that made Pyrex during the 1960's-1970's. 

And, of course, I picked up another piece of Pyrex for my collection. :) I found this beautiful divided dish hiding away on a book case and loved the little yellow wheat pattern. It's in perfect condition and I can't wait to start using it in the kitchen! Fun Facts: This pattern is called the "Royal Wheat" pattern and was first sold in the 1960's. It was part of the Cinderella promotional divided dish series. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm loving this monthly goal so far! Now that Jon and I are looking for a townhome//house to rent this year, I might need to start looking for some bigger furniture pieces. I think next month I will visit "vintage village" in Lawrenceville, GA. I think it would be interesting to try new antique stores every month, rather than visiting the same one. :)

Purchase any good antique, vintage, or thrifted finds this month? Do tell! Oh! And by the way, Happy Leap Year! Even though this whole year is a "leap year"...I want to wish you a happy Feb. 29th, since it only comes around every four years. ;)


9 comments:

  1. super cute!! i bet your kitchen wares are so fun and pretty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with those mugs!!! so adorable! I am a firm believer that everything tastes better in a cute mug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these pretty vintage kitchenwares! I work in an antique shop so I'm constantly lusting over beautiful plates and dishes that come up to the counter. It would be the perfect situation if I had a house or apartment to furnish! :P

    Thanks for sharing your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost bought the blueberry pattered bowls! Well, they were more like bowls you'd serve french onion soup out of, they had a small handle on the side! There were 3 and they would have matched my kitchen SO perfectly, sadly they had a lot of orange stains! *tear* Glad to know there is more out there though!

    xo, Meghan
    ahoynative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cream and sugar set, they're too cute! My mom owns those same salt and pepper shakers, I use them quite often.

    xo, Megan
    gingerly

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous of those bird mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the sugar & cream containers are amazing! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. You have amazing luck! I love those finds. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that sugar and creamer set.

    ReplyDelete