Saturday, April 14, 2012

SNAPSHOTS: A FINE SATURDAY

Today started off with our grey kitty, Kaito, crying at our door wanting breakfast. After feeding the kitties, Jon and I spent a little time straightening up and I put together this morning's blog post. Jon left to go pick up his new glasses and I worked out and showered. I had been thinking about going to Salvage, a modern vintage show in Atlanta, but had a lot of invite turn-downs due to busy schedules. All ready to go, I sat on the stool in our kitchen...calling just a few more hopefuls, but to no avail. :( I'm not gonna lie...I had been looking forward to this for awhile...and I had been feeling generally emotional, so when it looked like no one could go with me, I cried. No shame, I just let it out.

Things started looking up when it turned out that my sweet mother-in-law was free and she happily met me at my apartment. It was so, so kind of her and I truly appreciated her coming along last minute and having the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with her. :) There was a lot of vintage booths with housewares, clothes, jewelry, and re-purposed goodies. I loved looking through the treasures and ended up buying a beautiful pair of earrings. Mrs. Wallace and I got ourselves some homemade popsicles from the King of Pops before heading out. Yummy kiwi honey. :)

 
 
 
 
 

When we got back, on a whim, I decided to go visit the Dekalb Farmers Market with Kate and Glenn. This was our first visit to the market and it was amazing!! So much good organic, fresh food. I got fruit, yogurt, Bree, and bagels. I love finding awesome new (to me) places in Atlanta. It keeps me feeling adventurous and appreciate where I live.

I wrapped up the evening by making a delicious heated Bree, brown sugar, and pecan gooey goodness with ginger cookies and Kate made homemade guacamole and pita chips. So. Freaking. Delicious. 

And here we are, watching "Clue" and drinking Moscato. This Saturday turned from weepy to perfect. :) I'm so thankful for friends, mother-in-laws, yummy yummy food, old hilarious movies, loving husbands, and weekends.


7 comments:

  1. Aww, what a fun day! I wish mine was as eventful but it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love the Dekalb farmers market! I so miss that! And the King of Pops! Ah! Memories of summers past. Jealous! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !!!Hope you had loaded of fun !Life rocks guys.Have fun. sell my house

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous15.4.12

    See how things just work themselves out. I am sorry that you couldn't go to the show (I would have gone with you but Philadelphia is a little too far of a drive) but I'm glad you got to spend the time with your mother-in-law. I hope your Sunday turns out to be just as lovely as Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you ended up having a fun day! :) I watching Clue - one of my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pics! seems like a sweet and lovely day...

    georgia
    http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a great day!

    ReplyDelete