Sunday, April 01, 2012

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

This week has been somewhat normal compared to last weekend's wedding and baby shower festivities. Jon and I tried to have a not-so-planned and restful weekend, and by that I mean that I spent this weekend running errands, cleaning, and catching up on emails. I started reading the Hunger Games (finally!), I slept in and had lazy time with Jon, went antiquing, had a wonderful double date night with our friends Kate and Glenn, played with my new camera lens, tried my hand at cooking chicken (I know, I know), spent time with family, AND made some major headway with the development and final touches of the new Maiedae website (it's looking fabulous btw!!)

So, even though it was not-so-planned, we accomplished a lot and really had a fantastic weekend. April is shaping up to be slower. I'm hoping that means I can make some major headway on some of the projects I'm working on. :)

Snapshot of the Week: So about that new lens...it's wonderful. I've been playing around with it all weekend. It has a really shallow depth-of-field which makes the subject really stand out beautifully and it's been great in lower light settings. This was taken in my living room which is usually a darker location for photos. This lens is magic.


5 Favorite Posts this Week:

* The Products I Don't Want to Forget by Promise Tangeman
* Thoughts on Project Life + General Q&A by Elise Blaha
* iPhone App Mixology by A Beautiful Mess
* Multiple Exposure Effect by Pugly Pixel
* Let's Talk Recipe Organization by Kyla Roma

Favorite Blog of the Week:
Pugly Pixel - Seriously, this is one of the best blogs. It has amazing Photoshop tutorials, blog resources, and loads of great information.

Inspiring Me This Week:
Radlab - This is THE BEST. I use this program all the time to apply actions to my photos. It was worth every penny. 

3 Things About Yours Truly:
* My nails are currently painted a pearly white.
* I'm not a very experienced cook. My friend Kate (who's great at cooking!) challenged me to try and cook two new things I've never cooked before this month. Challenge accepted. :)
* I wore braces in 7th, 8th, and a couple weeks into 9th grade. My preference was to keep the light blue rubber bands on my brackets.

I hope your weekend was wonderful!!



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous13.4.12

    Thanks for all the great links... I definitely got lost in this post for a good amount of time :) Awesome way to start the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete