Sunday, January 06, 2013

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

Just got back from our little excursion to North Georgia. I like to joke with Jon that we are senior citizen vacationers because we LOVE a good lazy and relaxing vacation. Going up to the mountains for an extended weekend with no plans and plenty of groceries to stay in and cook is perfect. Instead of planning each day to the hour, we can just let the day go and do as we please. Take naps, read, play card games, cook, sit in the hot tub, watch movies, adventure outside. Whatever floats our boat. I am a HUGE theme park person, but a quiet trip to the mountains is one of my new favorite ways to vacation.

This week I'm starting back full-swing at my 9-5 job and with Maiedae. I'm a little anxious about transitioning back into everything but I'm absolutely ready to take this year on. I'm especially excited about this weekend because Jenny and I are flying to California to attend a video workshop and visit one of our best friends from college. I can't wait!!

Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// New vinyl from Christmas. 2// Black and white flats from UO. 3// Jon on our New Years Eve date in the city. 4// Morning view from our cabin in North Georgia.


5 Favorite Posts:
* A Healthy Holiday - Hello There Home
* French Macarons - Tumbleweed
* Hair Extensions - A Beautiful Mess
* Watercolor Series - Jenny Highsmith 
* How to Start Living Your Life Instead of Working It - MindBodyGreen

Favorite Blog of the Week:
Emmadime - I've followed Emma for some time on Instagram, but recently started following her blog. I love how inspirational her space is and how beautiful the photography on her posts are. I also LOVE her design work.

Inspiring Me this Week:
The Study of Light - I just started this e-course as one of my learning points for the year. I really want to challenge my photography skills this year and learn how to really work with lighting. I'm so excited to dive in and start some artist portrait work following her tips from the e-course.

3 Things About Yours Truly:
* I've never been much of a bath person until recently. I LOVE a good bath, especially at night.
* I've worn the same thing several days in a row. ;)
* In my personal opinion, the Doctor (Doctor Who) is the best superhero ever.


13 comments:

  1. So jealous of your relaxing start to the New Year!

    Grace
    http://gracep-photos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet post and I hope you had the best time on your trip!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6.1.13

    love it :) Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's four of my favourite albums right there. I have been listening to The Lumineers all week! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you all had a wonderful, cozy vacation! The best kind! I love going to Vegas, and I wouldn't mind seeing some other big cities, but we're both homebodies and we prefer just being together, doing our own thing and relaxing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vacations you described are just my kind of vacations. I love being able to relax and stay in if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could take a relaxing vacation!! I'm always running around!! =)

    Love your new shoes!!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like my kind of vacation.

    Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Those vinyl records! I just bought the Lumineers cd and I've loved mumford & sons and Bon Iver for a long time! I just posted a playlist over on my blog which has al 3 of those artist in it ! Along with Iron & Wine, the Barr Brothers, Beirut and Sigur Rós ... My perfect playlist! :D

    Love, Saar

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jealous of those albums on vinyl! What a great post :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love vinyl! I'm hoping to start collecting here pretty soon, as soon as we get a record player ;)

    ReplyDelete