Thursday, May 23, 2013

FANCY SHMANCY: POPSUGAR MAY BOX!

Ever since I did my first unboxing video of Popsugar, I've been stoked every month to get one in the mail. I didn't do a review of last month's box, but you get get all of the details of their April "Going Green" box here. This month, I was so excited and thrilled with the surprise products. Although this subscription service is more on the pricier side, I have been extremely happy with each product PLUS they are full-sized, nice products, which is awesome. Below is a reveal of the May box and a review of each product!

1// Kooringal Giselle Mid-Brimmed Hat ($27.99) - While I wasn't too impressed by this hat upon first appearances, it is way cute on! It has wiring all around the brim which allows for great shaping and is very "derby", perfect for the beach or outdoor festival.

2// Questions I Ask When I Want to Talk About Myself by Mindy Kaling ($13.45) - I haven't read any of Mindy's books, so when I saw this in the box I wasn't quite sure what it was. Turns out these are conversation starter cards and each come with a story from Mindy's personal experience and end with a question. All of the questions are printed on beautiful floral cards and look great kept in your living room.

3// Way Better Snacks Chips ($1.00) - I love that Popsugar usually includes a snack in each box. They are fun to try and I've enjoyed trying new food products. I wasn't a huge fan of these particular chips, but don't get me started on the quinoa dark chocolate candy bar from last month's box!

4// Modern Margarita Cocktail Set ($8.29) - I'm one to enjoy an adult beverage every now and then. Particularly on special occasions. So I was excited to have this adorable cocktail set to add to my bar cart in the dining room. It comes with watermelon, blood orange, strawberry, mango and the original flavoring, plus rim crystals. Way cute. These would be fun to make blended margarita's during the summer or mocktails!

5// Pacifica Color Quench Lip Tint ($7.00) - I'm a huge fan of Pacifica, so I was way excited to try out another one of their products. Not a huge fan of this particular scent, so this one might turn into a gift. ;)

6// Charm & Chain Gift Card ($30.00) - Umm...a gift card for jewelries? Yes please! I haven't picked out what I'm going to get yet, but I thought this was a brilliant idea.

7// Beauty Blender & Cleanser ($29.95) - Seriously? This really put this box over the top for me. I LOVE using the beauty blender for my liquid foundation and I have one that my sister gave me, however, I didn't have the cleanser. I was thrilled to see this in the box!

The box also came with a Popsugar bag shown above. I paid $35.00 for this box and the box is worth a total of $111.68. Pretty darn good! Also the excitement of getting it in the mail and opening it is probably priceless. ;) If I've inspired you to maybe get a little gift for yourself, be sure to check out their site! For other subscription services, be sure to take a look at my review of Ipsy, a $10 per month beauty subscription service!

What are some of your favorite subscription services?!

No comments:

Post a Comment